Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Rain ...


Four inches in 24 hours, with three of them all on Sunday in some parts of the area ... made for a wet weekend and a lot of tangle time!!

First, Suzy Mosh's two Challenges - Tangle Me 3 focused on the pattern,  Boomrang.
This is my attempt at trying to make a boomerang look like a "Dew Drop" - I used the same techniques on the large, center.  The original pattern is in the lower left; the variation on the right uses Printemps in the top designs; the variation across the top "lines" the background.  I only shaded the "dew drop boomerang" so it would stand out.


That's New To Me Week 29 focused on D and the artist, Sandy Hunter of Tangle Bucket.
The patterns I used on this tile tells the story of the weekend!  (Which gave me an idea for this school year - students taking one of their writing assignments or part of a novel or poem, and "tell" the story through a tangled piece ... hummm.)  The patterns from bottom to top - in the middle is Dust Bunny (because they are always hiding); Drip-Drop - because it was raining - HARD; Eureka by Sandy - it represents the winds that came along with the rain; and at the top DL Sunray - because we were all waiting for the sun to appear.  It loos black, but is actually on very dark blue paper (representing the stormy sky).  Shading with the white charcoal pencil I think I captured the "fuzz" on the Dust Bunny" and the glow of the sun well.  I like the final result ... 



Monday, the rain was still around ... so I turned to Joey's Monotangle - G - Gridy.  Since it was still cloudy and drippy, I chose some bright colors for the day.  I like this pattern as it has a lot of dimension.  I added a "dew drop" but don't think it shows up as well as on other patterns... I do like the color combination and background varieties ...



Tuesday is "Good News Day" when Adele posts the String Thing Challenge #102.  This week is her father's birthday and the concentration is on Frost Flower, Sez, and Graancirkel.  I turned the string sideways and purposely left part of the string empty, but added a Frost Flower in the corner and dropped a few Sezs in the white area.  A different technique that I've seen on other tiles, especially when there is a larger white space, is to shade the outline string to shadow the area of the pattern, so I tried that ~ While I like all the patterns and shading, overall this tile is not my favorite...

7 comments:

  1. Another great set of tiles, I love the colour and different positions of Girdy. Great shadows, dewdrops are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some really great work! Thanks for being part of my challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, Lynne! I love the colours you've used in Joey's tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Girdy!! That is what I first came by to see :) The color and design are lovely ... oh yes.... rain!! Your Boomerangs are totally amazing!! I love it!!! :) :) and Rain ... your New to Me D is cool and bringing you more rain :) Your string is nice too!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/07/my-joeys-monotangle-girdy-challenge-entry
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/07/my-tangle-me-3-boomerangs-entry-for-suzymosh
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/07/new-to-me-d-sandy-hunter-entry-suzymosh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you - your comment has been submitted for moderation and will appear shortly...