Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mid-Week ...

Joey's String Thing #101 (the beginning of the next 100) is another one of my favorites.  This week we are using Adele's own LG, and Rixty.  LG is a heart with auras - I added a spot of color.  At first I wasn't thrilled with Rixty, now I love it!!  It just seemed to flow once I got started.  I tried two new techniques on this tile too.  First is "Repeat Pattern Stacks", a technique that was started a few tears ago, and I came across recently while perusing Pinterest.  You can read/view more about it at The Rainbow Elephant web site by Cindy Angiel.  I actually started the tile with it (lower right corner), and it seemed to go well as a base for Rixty...  I also tried "Dew Drops" for the first time, created by Lynn Mead, CZT.  She has posted a tutorial on A Tangler's Mind.  Dew Drops look like (or at least are supposed to!) 3D drops of water on the tile that are magnifying the part underneath it.  I might need to practice those a bit more ...  I wanted to leave an open area, but it was just too "white, so I added a few Bubblez ... My interpretation of LG and Rixty ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - your comment has been submitted for moderation and will appear shortly...