Friday, January 1, 2016

Tangled Gifts ...

Three Sets:

First, for parent volunteers - tangled ornaments
The ornaments were frosted glass; with "Identapen" tangles.
The "boxes" were made with cardstock and the 1-2-3 Punch Board
by We R Memory Keepers.

Next, the students made a set of "cards" with matching envelopes for their parents.  Each student made four.
The cards were 8 1/2" X 5 1/2" cardstock - folded and corners rounded.
The envelopes were "invitation" size.
The students drew "dangle" tangles, and chose a piece of the design on the card
to put on the matching envelope.
Some students added just a tiny spot of color on their designs.
The set of cards were stacked and tied with a string of raffia.
A simple gift that the parents really enjoyed receiving!

Lastly,  I like the set of card stationary and decided to make a set for a friend.
I used the same cardstock and envelopes as above.
First, I colored with watercolor pencils and blended with a tiny bit of water.
Since I was working on cardstock and not watercolor paper,
I did not want the paper too wet!
I used a coordinating colored Micron to tangle a simple design
and colored pencils for shading.


Handmade gifts are always fun to design and create, and surprise people with.  I hope as I get more proficient with tangling, I can create other fun gifts for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - your comment has been submitted for moderation and will appear shortly...